- Year Built:
The building that is now Dean Hall was constructed in 1865 when Dean Academy was first established. In 1873, the building was named Dean Hall to honor Dr. Oliver Dean, major benefactor and donor of the first academy buildings. Today it continues to function as it did back then, housing the President’s office, faculty offices, classrooms, and a residence hall. Additionally, Dean Hall is home to our Center for Student Administrative Services – “CSAS”, School of Professional and Continuing Studies “SPCS” Office, Alumni Relations Office, Marvin Chapel, WGAO Power 88 Radio Station, and our state-of-the-art Telecommunications Center.