Grants and Scholarships
Dean College awards over twelve million dollars in scholarships and grants annually to assist students in funding their educations. An astonishing 90% of Dean students receive some form of merit-based aid with an average award amount of $15,000 per year. Because Dean College believes in making the advantages of a private college education as affordable as possible, most awards are renewable yearly provided the student maintains satisfactory academic standing and progress towards degree.
Students are reviewed for most scholarships as part of the college application process, so there is no need to complete an additional application unless otherwise specified. Here is a sampling of some of the scholarships offered to students admitted to Dean:
This is our most prestigious academic scholarship and recognizes outstanding academic accomplishments or potential while in high school. Students are considered for this scholarship based on the academic and extracurricular information in their application for admission.
President’s Leadership Scholarship
This scholarship recognizes students who have demonstrated exemplary leadership during their high school careers or who have a history of community service.
Performing Arts Scholarship
The Performing Arts Scholarship recognizes outstanding achievement in either Dance or Theatre. These awards are reserved for candidates applying directly to the Dance, Theatre or Arts & Entertainment Management programs. If a student changes majors during their Dean career, their award may be revised to reflect their new academic major.
Dean Heritage Award
Dean believes in the ability of all students to succeed. Dean Heritage Awards recognize students who demonstrate academic potential but perhaps did not reach that potential while in high school. Students are considered based on information provided in their application for admission.
In addition to the scholarships above, Dean College offers a number of highly specialized scholarship awards in conjunction with other organizations and the local community. These scholarships require an additional application and may have more specific criteria for consideration.
- Big Brothers, Big Sisters of Massachusetts Bay – A substantial scholarship is offered through a generous donor to a student accepted to Dean College who has participated in the Big Brothers, Big Sisters program through the Massachusetts Bay chapter. Interested students should contact the Office of Admission and their Big Brother for more information.
- City Year – Students who have completed a full year of service through City Year and have been accepted to Dean College are eligible to receive a $15,000 scholarship award in recognition of their exemplary community service. These awards are renewable once for a total award value of $30,000. Eligible students should contact the Office of Admission to identify themselves as City Year participants.
- Franklin High School Scholarship – Each year, a graduate of Franklin High School who has been accepted to Dean College is selected to receive a FULL TUITION SCHOLARSHIP. Students interested in being considered should contact their guidance counselor to complete a scholarship application.
- Tri-County High School Scholarship - Each year, a graduate of Tri-County High School in Franklin who has been accepted to Dean College is selected to receive a FULL TUITION SCHOLARSHIP. Students interested in being considered should contact their guidance counselor to complete a scholarship application.
- Nancy Forrestal Memorial Scholarship – This $1,600 scholarship is awarded to a graduate of Bellingham High School who has been accepted to Dean College. Interested students should contact their guidance counselor for a scholarship application.
- Hockomock Area YMCA Scholarship – Students who are members or active volunteers in the Hockomock Area YMCA and who are graduates of a high school within the Hockomock service area are eligible for consideration for this one-time, full tuition scholarship for a student accepted to Dean College. For additional information about eligibility and to complete a scholarship application, contact the Office of Admission or the Hockomock Area YMCA.
- Dance Scholarships - Dean College offers significant scholarships to dancers participating in the PULSE New York City, Dance Masters, Dance Teachers Club of Boston and Headliners. For more information on how to be considered for one of these scholarships, contact Krista Gordon, Sr. Admission Counselor.